Why Should You Hire a Roofing Contractor for Your Roofing?
There are a number of DIY projects you can do around your home that won't have you taking your life in your hands. Roof repair is not one of them! Understandably, as a homeowner you want to save money when it comes to home renovations—and it's admirable to want to learn and do as much as you can on your own. But roof repairs should be left to the pros.
Here are 5 good reasons why:
- Safety. Falling off a roof is a very real danger. A little slip up there is not like tripping over a hose in your garden. It can mean a lifetime of regret. And your safety is not the only concern. It's very easy to drop something off the roof and injure a loved one below. Professional roofers have the experience to minimize risk.
- Save money! Once you factor in the cost of equipment you have to buy or rent if you do the job yourself and the wholesale prices on materials a professional roofer offers, you'll probably save money. Even in the short-term. And what if the repairs you do yourself need to be redone? Money not so well spent after all!
- Access to top-quality materials and the job done right. Professional roofers have access to top-quality materials you simply won't find in home improvement stores. And the job will be done right the first time out. The roof will be properly installed taking into account a host of factors, including protection from water damage, proper seals around chimneys and other joints, and moisture evacuation. And don't forget the total clean-up after the job is done. You won't even know they were there!
- In and out. Professional roofers work incredibly quickly. They're not cutting corners—they just know what has to be done and they do it efficiently. The advantage is that your home is left exposed for as short a time as possible, reducing the chance of weather damage.
- It's under warranty. A professional roofer will offer a warranty on materials and workmanship for your long-term peace of mind. If you roof yourself you may find warranties on materials voided because they were not professionally installed. Be sure to inform yourself before undertaking any roofing on your own.
If you are looking for a professional roofing contractor in Edmonton, give us a call at MCM Home Exteriors. We've been doing exterior renovations in Edmonton for over 30 years—and we back up our work! Depending on the type of roof you select, we offer warranties up to 40 years and more. MCM Home Exteriors is your roofing contractor in Edmonton. Contact us for a free, no pressure, in-house estimate.
Whether you are in need of a roofing contractor in Edmonton, or a professional to take care of your exterior renovations in Edmonton, we have you covered! Call us at 780-468-9297.