04 Sep Door Style: Which Type of Door Fits?
The door opens your home to family and friends. It is the entryway to your lovely home. A well-designed door uplifts the overall style of any home. At the core, doors come with a vital purpose, but it doesn’t mean that they can’t be as stylish as the other parts of the home. If you want to make a good first impression, the choice of the door of your house should be simple – it has to be perfect.
Exterior doors are often referred to as entry doors. They are usually heavier than those types used in the interior of the home. Fiberglass, metal or wood – these are the three types of materials that can be used for the exterior door of a house.
- Wood – The classic wood material adds unexplainable beauty to a home. Its natural color and texture add to the overall style of the house. They typically last for about ten to twenty-five years and require maintenance services to keep the bugs out. Wood can be vulnerable to changing weather conditions and may need to be replaced after a few years. It is best to ask home exterior specialists whether your door needs to be replaced now or at a later time.
- Metal – It is often used for commercial establishments, but modern home designs also include metal doors in their overall design. Compared to wood, it requires fewer maintenance costs. But metal doors need to be checked after a few years of use to make sure that they are still as efficient as they should be.
- Fiberglass – This is the type of door material that is often used for businesses. They are a bit more expensive than the other two, but it comes with beauty that can be styled in various ways/ Fiberglass doors also brings with it a unique kind of beauty that is perfect for modern styled homes.
Types of Exterior Doors
- Panel Doors – these are the doors that are wooden all over. They are the most common type as they help keep the house at its most efficient.
- Windowed Doors – these are doors that come with glass panels that allow the people from the inside to see who is outside the house. This type of entries is usually used in the kitchen area.
- Decorative Carved Doors – they are perfect as front doors. They have rails and stiles and a beautifully carved section in the middle. The décor on them enhances the beauty of the entire house.
- Storm Door – usually made of vinyl or metal, these doors are added to make the home safer from intruders. They are also heavier than the usual door.